12 August, 2007

A whole bunch of stuff

I've moved into my new apartment, and except for finding the screws for my table, I'm mostly moved in. I've started unpacking my books, and have posted them all (as unpacked so far) on my LibraryThing. Now you can see just how nerdy I really am!

I have one week off until school, rather orientation starts. That means one week to catch up on/re-review all my stuff for my quals on Sunday/Monday. I'm a bit worried, but then again I'm not. I did rather well on my exit exam in the spring and, though I know these will be much harder, I know that I'll do well.

I spent the past week looking for a good TV stand that will take up as little room as possible. Of course, the only options that were good were in excess of $200. So I spent a few hours on Saturday building one that would sit on my window sill. I have 15' arch windows with a 2' deep window, but the sill has a bit of a taper to it. So now my TV sits in my window, in a great place to see in the entire room, and it's not on the floor. The best part, it cost about $25 for the shelf/stand. So I made a second, and probably will end up making a third (since my windows are also 8' across).

All I have to do now is finish unpacking books and the usual knickknacks that take forever to figure out where to put them. And hang the usual posters (i.e. maps/starcharts/periodic table) on the wall.

Yes, I am a nerd, and proud of it.

No comments: