Well, day one seemed to go well. My MWF class seems like it will be a lot of fun, though it will also be a lot of work. The professor is younger, and seems rather excited about the material and the class, which always helps things move along enjoyably (as enjoyable as grad school can be anyways).
My first official teaching experience seemed to go well too, though in a small room that echo's a lot, I'm pretty sure I sounded more like I was yelling than talking to my kids. At least in the lab I won't sound so boomy. I have my other section tomorrow from 5-9 (though thankfully it won't take until 9).
Otherwise, I have a break perfectly placed on MWF for daily mass, which is right across the street from the Chemistry building. I've also 'signed my soul' away to church, between choir, KoC, and liturgical duties, though there are far more people here so I won't have to work excessively.
And best of all, I got the new Immediate Music music from a friend. This album is even better than the last one. Sometimes I regret not having been a music major, or at least keeping up with my musical abilities. I really want to start playing again, but like most of my hobbies, they're rather expensive and/or time consuming (what isn't, but then again, most hobbies don't have multi-thousands of dollars in prerequisite expenses (though yes, I do have my own instruments, that's not my point)). I found a website that I can download the Big Phat Band sheet music from, but that's a bit costly. Time to decide on what recreational priorities are going to be after 1) dance and 2) working out and karate.
27 August, 2007
The First Day of Many
at
22:36
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment