14 August, 2007

More progress

I made spaghetti sauce last night. I haven't made any in a while, not since before Spring Break that I can remember. It was fun as always. I love the smell of onions, garlic, and mushrooms sweating in a giant skillet. So I've got about a gallon and a half of sauce stashed in the fridge, and 4 pounds of wheat spaghetti, which should keep me fed for at least two weeks. Definitely cheaper than Jonny Carinos every night!

Made more progress on the unpacking, sorting, and deciding-where-everything-should-go front. Finally got my two big blue bins unpacked, so my SCA stuff could go in one, and miscellaneous stuff I'm keeping around in the other. Also finally got the new bed linens washed and on. They're 400 count - soooo soft. (= I have discovered, though, that my Narnia books and LotR DVDs didn't make it here, so I must crusade home and find them!

Sadly, there's still stuff I need to get from the store, little things mostly, but I have forgotten to buy new dance shoes! The closest place that seems like a decent place is in New Haven, so it looks like I'll be taking a trip down there some time. I should also probably go and see the family while I still have a bit of time. Maybe next week sometime. There's also several movies that I want to go see, but that's going to wait until this weekend at the earliest, though probably next weekend.

Otherwise, for the rest of the week, it's study time. Not that I haven't studied all summer (yea right). I finally got the schedule of events for next week too. I'm a bit nervous, and a bit excited.

No comments: