Well, I've been here for almost a month now, and I would just like to say two things... 1) I *love* the weather, and 2) holy crap it's expensive up here! Now for details...
1) Yesterday was beautiful, and today will be no different. It's about 65 this morning, and it's not supposed to be much warmer than 80 today. The rest of the time, it might be 90 at most, which is still far better than 100+ down south.
2) Just... wow. I knew that things would be a little more expensive up here, but this is ridiculous. It's $5 for a box of cereal, and I paid almost $20 for a haircut yesterday! I think that Costco is going to be my good friend. All I can say is, thank God for student loans (minus the paying back part afterwards...).
On a separate but somewhat related note, I read yesterday that A&M and Chevron just made a deal for a 4 year research program in biofuels. Why couldn't they have decided this 6 months ago, I wouldn't be stuck up here in expensive-land.
24 June, 2007
CT vs. TX
at
09:46
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment